Wednesday, January 9, 2019

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks...

I'm trying to become a better genealogist, so last year I took an online course from professional genealogist Amy Johnson Crow. I discovered that she also sponsors a genealogy challenge every year called "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks". Crow provides fairly open-ended prompts, one for each week of the year, that people can use to write about their ancestors in either blog-format or some other more private format.

I wanted to try the challenge last year, but didn't discover its existence until June. Rather than start partway through the year, I decided to lurk--receiving the Challenge emails each week, and checking out some of the blogs people generated in response. I liked what I read. There were so many interesting approaches and so many fascinating stories.

This year I decided to accept Crow's challenge. I may not finish a blog each and every week, but I'm eager to discover just how many I do manage to write. My family tree is full of interesting stories. It's time I started recording them!

No comments:

Post a Comment