Monday, December 28, 2020

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Final Prompt: Resolutions

 

My 2021 Research Resolutions

 

I have just completed my second year of Amy Johnson Crow’s 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge, and it was a success—I completed 57 blog posts in 2020 that related some important and fascinating pieces of family history. And I had a blast researching and writing them.

So my first resolution for 2021 is to join the 2021 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks program. I can’t wait to see what I discover next year, and how I can craft those discoveries into interesting blog posts for my family. I hope to complete all 52 weeks just as I was able to do this year.

My second resolution is to expand my research from just my family to my husband’s family as well. I hope to alternate crafting posts about his ancestors with those about my ancestors. There are some fascinating characters in his family tree, and I need to record some of those stories.

My third resolution is to do more work preserving family photos and letters. I need to work on scanning the originals in my files, converting them to digital files that can be shared by family members. As 2020 has shown all of us, we don’t know how much time any of us has, so I had better ensure these items are accessible to others in our family.

And my fourth and final family history resolution is to do more work transcribing my 9th great grandfather Francis Dane’s Commonplace Book. I am eager to understand more of what he recorded nearly 400 years ago in the early years of Andover, Massachusetts.

Due to COVID and the stay-at-home orders, 2020 turned out to be a very productive year for my genealogical research. I hope that 2021 is equally productive, but also finds us able to return to our normal lives as soon as vaccinations can reach all Americans.  

Goodbye, 2020. On to a more healthy and happy 2021.   

No comments:

Post a Comment